Sunday, March 17, 2013

Better Late Than Never

My Senior Pastor is a great motivator and he delights in stretching us just a little bit more in order to help us improve and advance.

I, together with a few other leaders, have been given the honour and privilege of preaching a few times a year in church. The last time I was given the opportunity to share, Pastor Gideon requested that I incorporate an altar call at the end of the message.

I dutifully did so but no one responded. Not even when Pastor Gideon took over after I have handed the service back to him. I was really discouraged and, to a certain extent, devastated.

How can it be? Didn't the message speak to even one person? Was it all logos without an iota of rhema? Is it even logos to begin with? Or am I merely sharing human wisdom at a purely carnal level?

PTL! God was ready with an antidote that is well-suited to neutralise the enemy's poison of doubt and discouragement.

The next Sunday, a sister came to me and said that she was convicted by the message. She went back and reconciled with her mother who is 89 years old.

Or is she 98 years old? Cannot remember already.

Anyway, when she told me that it gave me great joy and fresh motivation for my ministry in sharing the Word of God.

The next time round when I give an altar call in obedience to the Spirit of God it wouldn't matter whether anyone or no one responds. That is between them and God.

My responsibility is to hear from God and speak His Word in season and trust that that Word will not return to Him empty, but will accomplish what He desires and achieve the purpose for which He sent it (Isaiah 55:11, NIV).

No comments: