Monday, June 30, 2008

Crazy Week

The wedding planner in the Hallmark movie "I Do (I Don't)" commented that the only thing worse than a psychotic bride is an indecisive bride. I couldn't agree with her more, especially when it comes to clients.

Indecision over the budget, over the budget allocation, over the ad copy and over the ad size can drive a media planner (that's me in case you don't know) bonkers.

And to the make matters worse, clients seem to find the thrill in changing everything at the last minute. To top it off, they want all the changes done and reflected in the media schedule immediately without factoring in the fact that we have to liaise with a whole lot of people and negotiate around impossible deadlines and situations just to effect that change.

And I have people saying, "Like that your work is very easy lo, just book the ad and then bill the client." Oh yeah, if only it's that easy.


No comments: