Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mother's Day Lunch 2011

I am more adventurous when it comes to food but it's very hard to get the rest of the family to try out new places for our meals. Since it was Mother's Day, and I was given the choice to choose where we go to for lunch, I decided on lunch at the newly opened Sri Malaya Heritage Restaurant at Rope Walk.

The restaurant is located just round the corner, on the left hand side, when you turn into Rope Walk from Chulia Street.

You cannot miss its bright yellow facade

Cream of Spinach Soup to start off our set meal

Beef Bolognese for me

Fish 'n Chips for hubby

Herbal Soup with Rice for 'bee

We concluded that:
1. I cook better Bolognese
2. The fish 'n chips were soggy
3. The herbal Soup does not have enough flavour

We were so disappointed that we did not bother to take photos of the brownie, which turned out to be the best of the dishes.

But this is the icing on the cake for me.

Mother's Day is only really Mother's Day
when you get to spend it with the one
who makes me a Mother!


No comments: