Monday, April 19, 2010

Fame Up

The ex-St. Georgians were invited to dance in the opening number for Fame Up which was held at Dewan Budaya, USM, from 16-18 April 2010. The musical production was part of the year-long celebration commemorating the 125th anniversary of St. George's Girls' School

Though we were only back-up dancers, it did our self-esteem a world of good to know that people were willing to pay RM100 per ticket to watch "old" girls dance.

Actually most of the girls are still pretty young. I was the second oldest
and most of the rest are in their twenties and thirties.

The pricey tickets were only for the first night where the proceeds went to charity. But then we had the satisfaction of performing to full house on the subsequent two nights.

Showgirls surrounding Darshini (current student). She sang
"Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend"
for the opening number
which we danced to


Lillian and I, playing with some feathers we found
in the dressing room

In the midst of the busy weekend, I also attended a wedding, a wake service and also a vocal training class conducted by our special speaker after service on Sunday.

I was in such a rush that I forgot my shoes on the last night! Thank God we had a guest who was kind enough to turn back on his way to the show to collect my shoes for me. He arrived just in time. Phew! What a relief that was.

BTW, all the ladies agreed that our shoes were really killer shoes. They're not high but the pointy-toes squashed our toes. We all need a foot massage today.

The killer shoes

No comments: