Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Acceptance

Acceptance. It is the true thing everyone longs for. The one thing everyone craves. To walk in a room and to be greeted by everyone with hugs and smiles. And in that small passing moment, you truly know you're loved, needed, and accepted.
~ Rena Harmon

It is very sad when you have to be someone you are not because the person you love cannot accept you for who you are.

It is very, very sad that when you are real they think you are faking it so you have to fake it and be someone you're not in order for them to accept you as real. What an irony!

The danger of such prolonged fakeness is that:
“There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout:
This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me... or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision.”
~ Stacey Charter

No comments: