Wednesday, August 6, 2008

52

The original plan was to hold my birthday at Opera. We even went through the trouble of getting the number of orders for each choice of main course but had to cancel at the last minute due to the increase in number of guests. That place being small could not accommodate us because they were catering for a wedding party on the same night. So we moved back to 32 The Mansion and had no regrets because everyone enjoyed the food and the ambience.

The courtyard at 32 The Mansion

Listening to Mel and Ynn simulating a conversation in Thai was hilarious and Shawn had the time of his life being the object of so much female attention.

Shawn, the thorn, enjoying the attention of the Ken Ray roses

The highlight of the night was the cutting of the birthday cake. I only blew out the candles because there was no cake for me to cut. Lillian made me the loveliest cupcakes for my birthday cake. Each cupcake was individually decorated and the girls ended up fighting for their favourite ones.

My colourful birthday cupcake tower

I am blessed to be surrounded by my staff and of course, my sister and family. The only one missing was my babee. How I wish she was there but, if it's any consolation, I'll be celebrating with her this weekend.

No comments: