Saturday, September 1, 2012

Learning Is Beautiful

My eyes were finally opened to the difference between studying and learning when I came across this quote that so accurately expresses my sentiments.

I've confused studying with learning and that's why I end up signing up for course after course, year in and year out. But I usually end up regretting my decision after signing up for a course because I really, really hate studying. In fact I am ashamed to confess that I have never really studied throughout my school days.

But I enjoy learning. Give me an interesting topic and I can spend hours and days on end reading up and doing research on it.

So after this epiphany I'm going to quit studying and just concentrate on learning 'cos learning is beautiful. I couldn't agree more with the smart, intelligent and beautiful Ms Portman.

No comments: